Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lexi's 4

It seems impossible that my baby girl recently turned four but it is true. Bright and early on the morning of her birthday, Lexi informed me she wanted to have a "home party". What is a home party you ask? It apparently was what Brayden had three months earlier...which was when we had a bunch of friends and family over to our house, on the day of his birthday and have cake and ice cream. So I went to Strossners (the best bakery in Greenville) and ordered the yummiest chocolate cake ever called everyone who was at Brayden's "home party". Thank you all for coming because I am positive Lexi would have noticed if everyone was not there to celebrate her birthday.

It all started well...Lexi and her cousin's dolled her up with soo much glitter it is still in her hair today (2+ weeks later) but then Lexi's shyness kicked in and she didn't want to come out of the bathroom. So I was forced to reassure that no one was going to comment on how pretty she looked. Eventually, she believed me and we moved on to having cake. She doesn't look shy here does she????



But in typical Lexi fashion, she didn't want everyone to sing "Happy Birthday." I guess she was embarrassed to be the center of attention but I promise she did want the home party. Anyways, she was beautiful on her birthday - glitter and all. I love you Lexi and can't wait for you to be able to enjoy your birthdays!!

No comments: