Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Teacher Appreciation week

Unfortunately, there are no pictures to go along with this post. I have to send a shout out to my girlfriend, Leigh, who informed me last Sunday that this week was Teacher Appreciation week. Most of you who read this have no idea how creative Leigh is, she definitely has a gift to make anything look incredible. Anyways, I asked "Miss Fancy Pants" (AKA Leigh) what she was going to do for her kids' teachers but her ideas were way too creative for me...but I do have to say I was pleased with how the week turned out.

Monday - I sent in some potted flowers with a note of gratitude.

Tuesday - I sent in some pudding with a decorative note which read "Thanks for puddin' up with me" (just in case you wondered, this was soley from Brayden for multiple reasons but the main one is Lexi only goes to school 3 days/week)

Wednesday - I sent in a bag with a coke and a take 5 bar. The note attached read, "Have a Coke and Take 5. You deserve it".

Thursday - I sent in blueberry muffins. No cute note today

Friday - I sent in a bag with microwave popcorn, M&M's and a gift card for Blockbuster for a movie night.

It's funny that almost every night I stayed up, much later than I wanted, to get these small tokens of appreciation ready for the next day but in the end it was worth i. Brayden and Lexi's teachers don't know how what great things they do for them each day and how grateful I am to each of them.

And so while I have already thanked my kids teachers let me say "Thank you" to all the teachers in the world.

No comments: