Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy 40th Anniversary Mom & Dad

On June 28th my parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary and so I decided to give them a party the weekend of July 4th. We were coming in town to "drop off" the kids for a week of fun and sun with their grandparents. So, I spoke with my Uncle Rico, Aunt Renate and (cousin) Katarina and they flew in from Chicago for the weekend and party. Then with the help of one of my parent's neighbors, we arranged several other neighbors to meet us at a local, favorite Italian restaurant of my parents to celebrate an amazing milestone. I am blessed to have wonderful parents and hope that they enjoy another 40 years together.

My parents were really surprised and everyone seemed to have a great time. The food was fantastic and I have to thank Doris and Ciro again for helping me pull it all together.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to "paste" a slide show in my blog so I'm only going to do some highlights. Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!!!!



Even my dad seemed to enjoy the Prosecco (an Italian, sparkling wine).



Here's a group shot.




Have to include the "cousin" photo.




Of course, I have to include Grandma sharing a cappuccino with her grandchildren - just like she does every time we go to an Italian restaurant.

No comments: